Thinking about an online master’s degree from Saint Mary’s University? Review the admissions requirement for each program below. If you have questions about admissions requirements or your eligibility for a desired program, call 877-308-9954 to speak with an enrollment counselor today.
Admissions Requirements for Saint Mary’s University Master’s Degree Programs
To be considered for admission to Saint Mary’s online master’s level programs, you must hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and an overall grade-point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale. You must also demonstrate the language proficiency necessary for successful graduate coursework. If your GPA upon admission is below 2.75, you may be admitted with provisional status upon approval of your respective program’s director.
Some applicants may be asked to participate in an in-person or virtual interview with a program director, which will be scheduled after you submit your application package.
Your application package must include:
- A completed application form and a $25.00 non-refundable application fee. You may apply online for your chosen program. If you are a Saint Mary’s alumnus, a student seeking readmission, a veteran, or an active military member, the application fee is waived.
- Official transcripts in sealed envelopes directly from all undergraduate and graduate credit-granting institutions. We cannot accept transcripts that have been previously scanned, faxed, e-mailed, opened, marked, or damaged in any way. Please contact your credit-granting institutions directly to have your official transcripts sent to Saint Mary’s University. If you are submitting transcripts from countries other than the U.S., please visit the International Student page.
- A personal statement that includes a brief description of your background, training, and experience; your career goals and reasons for seeking admission to your chosen program; your strengths and areas in which you wish to develop greater abilities; and any other personal information you wish to share. Note: If you are seeking admission to the Master of Science in Project Management degree program; please also include in your personal statement details about your formal or informal experience as a project manager or as a member of a project team.
- A current résumé listing your educational background and work experience.
- Two letters of reference or recommendation that verify your professional and/or volunteer experience and your academic ability.
Please submit your application package and application fee, if required, to:
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
Online Processing Center
1415 West 22nd Street, Suite 400
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Have questions about admissions guidelines or the application process at Saint Mary’s University Online? Call us at 877-308-9954 to speak to an enrollment counselor.