This course evaluates the fundamentals of current healthcare and human services delivery systems in the U.S. Topics include health sector regulatory and financial systems, delivery operations, and organizational design theories.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Compare the evolution of various types of services for vulnerable individuals and populations.
- Analyze the impact of social, economic, political, and regulatory forces on planning and objective setting.
- Evaluate the emergence of organizational designs, operations, and governance in the health sector.
- Analyze the factors influencing organizational outcomes and consumer/patient/client satisfaction.
- Assess and analyze how the health sector financing and policy, care management, private health coverage, and government programs and reforms (including Medicare, Medicaid, and the ACA) impact the cost, quality, experience, and outcomes of care and delivery systems within the US.