This course provides the student with an orientation to the clinical area and the electronic medical record (EMR), as well as the opportunity to begin preliminary interpretation of echocardiographic exams performed by cardiac sonographers. Students are responsible for integrating echocardiographic data acquired by the sonographer, obtaining additional data as required, preparing a preliminary report, and delivering the report to interpreting physicians.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Orient to clinical area and EMR applications.
- Achieve passing grade on Image Quality Critique competency.
- Achieve passing grade on Report competency.
- Review a minimum of 50 cases (including practice cases).
- Achieve an average score of > 8.0 for case reviews.