Students are expected to show proficiency in integrating echocardiographic data acquired by the sonographer, obtaining additional data as required, preparing a preliminary report, and delivering the report to interpreting physicians. The student will also provide written assessment of staff sonographer performance during this rotation. If the student is showing adequate clinical progress, training opportunities may be arranged for advanced modalities such as 3D echocardiography. In addition, an Advanced Cardiovascular Sonographer credentialing mock board exam will be made available to students.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Review a minimum of 50 cases.
- Achieve an average cumulative score of > 10.0 for case reviews.
- Complete final clinical competencies.
- Complete Mock ACS credentialing exam.
- Continue formal study review with ACS faculty and/or interpreting physicians.
- Complete final clinical competencies and sonographer peer review competency.