Online Master of Arts in International Development
Decide how you want to change the world.
Create the change that you want to see with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s online Master of Arts in International Development. Issues of social injustice can be found throughout the world, however, individuals with an advanced ability to understand and create sustainable development can help bring hope to those in need. Our International Development master’s program combines our Lasallian heritage of more than 330 years of education empowering through with real-world practitioners who have taken on social development, micro finance, global education, and more. Blending theory and real-world application, our online Master of Arts in International Development degree program instills within you the business and social skills to channel your passion and develop sustainable solutions to improve human and social conditions. Upon graduation, you’ll be ready to create change on a global scale.
Our online Master of Arts in International Development courses are enriched by our partnership with Under-Told Stories Project, a collaboration between Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and PBS NewsHour. The project brings real-world, solution-oriented development stories directly into the classroom. When you complete your degree you will be prepared to impact the world on an international scale.
Discover the Benefits
Put your passion into action and learn what sets Saint Mary’s online International Development graduate program apart from the competition.
- Real-World Applied Learning: With innovative and in-demand courses like social entrepreneurship, global trends and solutions, along with a unique field project, you’ll gain more than a better understanding of theory, but applicable, hands-on skills. Whether you have years of field experience or are just beginning to help create a difference in the world, the field project within the degree program will help put theory into practice.
- Industry Experts: Learn from and network with instructors that are practitioners in the field.
- Nationally Recognized: Saint Mary’s is consistently ranked among the nation’s top higher education institutions by “U.S. News & World Report,” the Princeton Review, and “Forbes.”
- Community of Support: From technical to academic support, our caring instructors and staff provide multiple layers of support to help you achieve your educational and professional goals. It’s our goal to ensure your academic success, which is why we want to be there with you throughout the program.
- iPad Included: Receive an iPad complete with productivity apps and our mobile learning platform to interact with your instructors and classmates in a revolutionary way.
- Affordable Tuition: Saint Mary’s is committed to making graduate education accessible and affordable for students.
Program Outcomes to Revolutionize the World
Upon completion of the Saint Mary’s online International Development program, you will be able to:
- Create sustainable solutions pertaining to international problems or social challenges
- Integrate knowledge and theory from multiple disciplines to articulate and address problems in the international environment
- Approach problems with the consideration of ethics, cultural inclusivity, and sustainably
- Engage resources, stakeholders, and organizations to break down barriers and achieve sustainable growth
- Lead, communicate, and think critically and entrepreneurially within an intercultural context
- Analyze and utilize the flow of information from evolving media
- Embrace ambiguity and ethics in global problem-solving endeavors
Who Should Apply?
Individuals looking to give a voice to the voiceless and create lasting social change should apply. The skills and theory taught in the program are applicable to a number of industries, such as:
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Social Entrepreneurship
- International Aid
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Trade Office
- Active/Retired Military
- Government Affairs
Make an Impact
Put your passion to work with a Master of Arts in International Development from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. To learn more, contact an enrollment counselor at 877-308-9954 or request more information and we’ll reach out to you.