Master of Arts in International Development
Impact Your World
International Development demands people of thought and action. People who can create lasting change in an evolving world. That’s why our International Development master’s program combines our Lasallian heritage of more than 330 years of educating the poor in 80 countries with real-world practitioners who have taken on social development, micro finance, global education and more. Our courses blend theory with practicality, enriched by our partnership with the Under-told Stories Project, a collaboration of Saint Mary’s University and PBS NewsHour. The project brings real-world, solution oriented development stories directly to the classroom. When you complete your degree, you will be prepared to impact your world on an international scale.
Our online Master of the Arts in International Development prepares you with social and business skills to channel your passion and develop sustainable solutions to improve human and social conditions.
Discover the Benefits
Learn what sets Saint Mary’s online International Development graduate program apart from the competition.
- Real-World Applied Learning: With innovative and in-demand courses like social entrepreneurship, global trends & solutions and a field project you learn more than just theory but practical application.
- Industry Experts: Learn from and network with instructors that are the practitioners in the field.
- Nationally Recognized: Saint Mary’s is regularly ranked among the nation’s top higher education institutions by U.S. News & World Report, the Princeton Review and Forbes.
- Community of Support: From technical to academic support, our caring instructors and staff provide multiple layers of support to help you achieve your educational and professional goals.
- iPad Included: Receive an iPad complete with productivity apps and our mobile learning platform to interact with instructors and classmates in a revolutionary way.
- Affordable Tuition: Saint Mary’s is committed to making graduate education accessible and affordable for students.
Upon completion of the Saint Mary’s International Development program, graduates will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge and theory from multiple disciplines to articulate and address problems in the international environment
- Create sustainable solutions pertaining to international problems or social challenges
- Approach problems with the consideration of ethics, cultural inclusivity and sustainability
- Engage resources, stakeholders and organizations to break down barriers and achieve sustainable progress
- Lead, communicate and think both critically and entrepreneurially within an intercultural context
- Analyze and utilize the flow of information from evolving media
- Embrace both ambiguity and ethics in global problem-solving endeavors
Who Should Apply?
Professionals looking to boost their knowledge and continue to influence social change in the following sectors should consider applying to this impactful program:
- International Relations
- International Aid
- International Business
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Government Affairs
- Active/Retired Military
- Trade Office
Make an impact. Put your passion to work with a Master of the Arts in International Development from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. Complete the form to learn more or contact an enrollment counselor at 877-308-9954 or request more information and we’ll reach out to you.