This course examines various strategies for collaboration and engagement in the community. It focuses on diverse collaborated solution strategies, facilitation skills and transparent decision making processes. This course addresses problem solving techniques that encourages community involvement, along with facilitation of critical conversations. Media relations, crisis communications and use of social media are also discussed.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate collaboration strategies for community engagement.
- Analyze and apply appropriate conflict management approaches.
- Evaluate supportive communication techniques.
- Develop effective strategies to mediate and resolve differences in the community.
- Analyze the effective use and limitations of various media and social media formats.
- Use narrative and storytelling as a community engagement strategy.
- Examine the aspects and implications of public and private partnerships.