Online Master of Science in Accountancy
"The Masters of Accountancy Program at Saint Mary's has some unique features. It was designed for students that want to become business leaders."
Be Greater Than the Sum
Leading your organization demands more than strong financial skills. It demands business and managerial acumen. That’s why Saint Mary’s online Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) instills the advanced accounting practices as well as soft skills to teach you the human side of accounting.
Designed by professionals, for professionals, the MSA program was developed in collaboration with CPA firm partners, CFO’s and other accounting leaders. These professionals need leaders within their organizations not only to possess the requisite accounting skills but also to be great managers and communicators. Unlike other graduate programs that focus solely on advanced accounting skills, the core curriculum of Saint Mary’s program emphasizes highly relevant business topics such as: financial communication, leadership, ethics, information systems and strategic management.
The accounting degree program also provides in-depth knowledge on corporate responsibility, strategic planning, and loss prevention to help you on your accounting career path. Faculty possess real-world accounting experience and provide insights and advice both to their on-campus and online students. Saint Mary’s fully-accredited masters in accounting program avails students of both practical application and theory in order for them to become accounting experts.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota trains accountants as people because you are not a number. You are a master of numbers.
Discover the Benefits
Learn what sets Saint Mary’s online accounting graduate program apart from the competition.
- Management Focus: From courses in leadership to communication, the core of this curriculum prepares you for advancement into a management position in nearly any accounting setting, including strategic cost management and information systems management.
- Real-time Applied Learning: With innovative and in-demand courses like forensic accounting and non-profit accounting, apply what you learn in class to your career the next day.
- CPA & CMA: Earn your master’s while receiving credits toward the required 150 credits for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and/or Certified Management Account (CMA) certification.
- Industry Experts: Learn from and network with instructors that are the practitioners in the field.
- National Recognition: Saint Mary’s is regularly ranked among the nation’s top higher education institutions by U.S. News & World Report, the Princeton Review and Forbes.
- Community of Support: From technical to academic support, our caring instructors and staff provide multiple layers of support to help you achieve your educational and professional goals.
- iPad Included: Receive an iPad complete with productivity apps and our mobile learning platform to interact with instructors and classmates in a revolutionary way.
- Affordable Tuition: Saint Mary’s is committed to making graduate education accessible and affordable for students.
Upon completion of Saint Mary’s online master’s in accounting program, graduates will be able use their accounting training and academic research skills to accomplish the following:
- Use advanced accounting knowledge to address organizational issues.
- Evaluate complex accounting situations using accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Assess emerging and global accounting issues that can contribute to organizational success.
- Find out how to manage assets for a start-up, small business, or global company.
- Articulate a process for making ethical accounting decisions.
- Manage accounting teams using competitive strategy to achieve established goals.
- Communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Learn how to present findings and how to communicate with stakeholders and clients.
- Understand the link between strategic management and leadership.
Who Should Apply?
Professionals looking to advance into management positions in the following sectors should consider applying:
- Public accounting
- Private accounting
- Corporate accounting
- Cost accounting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Small business accounting
- Global Accounting
- Information Systems
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
Learn the Human Side of Accounting
Propel your career with an accounting degree that will prepare you for a new level of opportunity and success. Complete the form to learn more or contact an enrollment counselor at 877-308-9954.