Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. In addition, many of Saint Mary’s programs have been approved by specialized accrediting organizations, professional boards, and state agencies. Additional information regarding Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s accredited and regulatory status may be found at https://www.smumn.edu/about/accreditation.
Our Master of Science in Project Management degree program is further accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs. Learn more about this accreditation at the Global Accreditation Center’s website.
Our Baccalaureate Degree Program in Nursing at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791. Learn more about this accreditation at the CCNE website.
Rankings and Honors
Saint Mary’s, known for the quality of its education, has recently received numerous instances of recognition for its efforts.
- #33 in Regional Universities Midwest – 2020 by US News & World Report Ranking colleges and universities based on indicators in seven key categories, U.S. News & World Report placed Saint Mary’s among its first tier of “Best Regional Universities Midwest.”
- #21 Best Colleges for Veterans – 2020 by U.S. News & World Report Ranking colleges and universities who offer federal initiatives for veterans and active services members based on indicators such as graduation rate, faculty resources, and other criteria for high academic quality.
- #13 Best Value Schools – 2020 by U.S. News & World Report Ranking based on academic quality and net cost of attendance for those receiving an average level of financial aid. Only schools that are considered above average academically are considered to be the best value.
- #50 Top Performer on Social Mobility – 2020 U.S. News & World Report Ranking based on graduation rates of Pell Grant recipients (students coming from households where the yearly family income is between $50,000-$20,000 and often less than $20,000).
- America’s Best Colleges – 2019 by Forbes.com Forbes’ best colleges are determined by, among other factors, student evaluations, student post-graduate success, and the number of students who receive nationally competitive awards, Forbes.com listed Saint Mary’s among America’s Best Colleges 2019 in “the best public and private colleges and universities from the student’s point of view” category.
- Best Colleges: Region by Region – Midwest – 2019 by Princeton Review Highlighting colleges and universities that stand out for academic excellence, the Princeton Review designated Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota as one of the “Best in the Midwest.”
- Online Schools Report: 2018 - 2019 - The Best Online Master's in Project Management degrees rated Saint Mary's University of Minnesota 29 in the country. Ranking were based on student engagement, faculty credentials, student to faculty ratio, graduation rates and faculty experience.
A full list of university rankings and awards can be found here.