The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. In addition, many of Saint Mary’s programs have been approved by specialized accrediting organizations, professional boards, and state agencies. Additional information regarding Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota’s accredited and regulatory status may be found at https://www.smumn.edu/about/accreditation.
Saint Mary's MSW is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s Commission on Accreditation (CSWE).
Our Master of Science in Project Management degree program is accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs. Learn more about this accreditation at the Global Accreditation Center’s website.
Saint Mary’s is committed to ensuring prospective and current students are informed of professional programmatic licensure standards. To learn more about program-specific licensure please click here. Before starting a program prospective students should contact the licensing agency in their state of residence to ensure the program is compatible in their state.
Rankings and Honors
Saint Mary’s, known for the quality of its education, has recently received numerous instances of recognition for its efforts.
- #1 Minnesota online MBA - 2022 by U.S. News & World Report and online business master’s programs, according to U.S. News and World Report’s latest rankings, announced Jan. 25.
- #3 Best Value Schools – 2022 by U.S. News & World Report Ranking based on academic quality and net cost of attendance for those receiving an average level of financial aid. Only schools that are considered above average academically are considered to be the best value.
- #34 in Regional Universities Midwest – 2022 by US News & World Report Ranking colleges and universities based on indicators in seven key categories, U.S. News & World Report placed Saint Mary’s among its first tier of “Best Regional Universities Midwest.”
- #41 Best Colleges for Veterans – 2022 by U.S. News & World Report Ranking colleges and universities that offer federal initiatives for veterans and active services members based on indicators such as graduation rate, faculty resources, and other criteria for high academic quality.
- #68 Top Performer on Social Mobility – 2022 U.S. News & World Report Ranking based on graduation rates of Pell Grant recipients (students coming from households where the yearly family income is between $50,000-$20,000 and often less than $20,000).
- #4 Best Online Master's in Education programs in Minnesota – 2021 by US News & World Report Saint Mary's ranked fourth in the State of Minnesota and #201 overall.
- Best Colleges: Region by Region – Midwest – 2021 by Princeton Review Highlighting colleges and universities that stand out for academic excellence, the Princeton Review designated the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota as one of the “Best in the Midwest.”
- #7 for Best Online Bachelor’s Nursing Degrees - 2020 GradReports Best Campus and Online Colleges lists with a median salary of $88,400.
- America’s Best Colleges – 2019 by Forbes.com Forbes’ best colleges are determined by, among other factors, student evaluations, student post-graduate success, and the number of students who receive nationally competitive awards, Forbes.com listed Saint Mary’s among America’s Best Colleges 2019 in “the best public and private colleges and universities from the student’s point of view” category.
A full list of university rankings and awards can be found here.