Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota has been offering various online and blended classes for years. During that time, we have identified and implemented numerous ways to help you get the support you need while making the online learning experience seamless.
The iPad interface is very intuitive, however, training will be provided during new student orientation prior to your start date.
While most of your education experience will be integrated with the iPad, you must also have access to a laptop or desktop computer for assignments that require lengthy word processing or computing power. Below is a detailed breakdown of requirements for a laptop or desktop computer.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- If Mac, 500 MHZ iMac or iBook 63 or faster
- If PC, 700 MHZ Pentium III Processor computer with sound card and speakers
- 256 MB RAM
- 20 GB free hard drive space
- CD-ROM drive
- 56k modem or higher for Broadband Access (Cable Modem/DSL)
- MSW students ONLY;
- webcam and mic
Recommended Software and Connectivity
- Windows XP or later / Mac OS X
- MS Office 2000 or greater (MS Office includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Internet Service Provider
- Internet access
- SMU e-mail address
- Internet Explorer 6.x or Netscape 7.2 (PC) / Mozilla Firefox (PC/Mac) / Safari 1.2 or higher (Mac)
- High-speed, broadband connection
Utilities and Plug-ins
- Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later (free download)
- Virus Protection Software: McAfee/Norton Anti Virus or similar software
- Java, Shockwave, or Flash Plug-in (latest version)
iPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.