Turn your passion into a role that empowers people to reach their full potential.
- 100% online course delivery
- 36 credit hours
- Complete your master's in as few as two years
- Flexible, work on your own schedule format
- SHRM and PHR/SPHR Aligned Curriculum
Take your career to the next level and become a strategic partner within any organization when you graduate with a Master of Arts in Human Resource Management from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota. In this program, you'll learn how to help your organization's leadership and talent navigate changes big and small.
As a graduate of this program, you'll be a versatile HR professional ready to lead the heart of a company. You'll gain an understanding of rewards systems, conflict management, and goal assessments as they relate to a company's planning, execution, and successful completion of objectives. You'll also have the confidence to train management-level staff in budgeting, communication, strategy, and ethics.
- SHRM and PHR/SPHR Aligned Curriculum: As a thought leader in the human resource world, coursework aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management ensures you're learning the most up-to-date information when it comes to your degree. You can be confident that what you're learning will apply to today's human resource needs.
- SHRM-CP/SCP and PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation: You'll learn the appropriate knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to prepare for the Professional in Human Resources and Senior Professional in Human Resources certification exams—both great certifications to solidify your credibility as a human resource leader.
- Graduate Certificate Offerings: Choice of six graduate certificate offerings to add on to your degree - The Saint Mary’s Accelerators are a carefully crafted series of master’s-level graduate certificates designed to advance your career to help you meet personal and professional goals. Graduate certificates that can be taken individually to help you build a robust professional toolkit, or can be coupled with our degree programs to customize your learning experience and prepare you for the next step in your career. Choose from graduate certificates in; Finance, Healthcare Administration, Human Resource Management, International Development, Nonprofit Management or, Project Management.
- Analyze the role of human resources in supporting an organizational strategy
- Develop interdepartmental relationships to further strategic leadership goals
- Evaluate human resource programs in key functional areas
- Create systems for talent management in partnership with organizational leaders
- Collect and interpret data for organizational assessment
- Model and teach effective, cross-cultural competence
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills
- Incorporate ethical and legal perspectives into all human resource activities
Read full details about the Master's in Human Resource Management in our program outcomes page.
Coursework – Think strategically, help people
The coursework for the human resource management master's program allows you to enhance your breadth and depth of knowledge while also specializing in areas of interest such as payroll, counseling, and more. Saint Mary's SHRM-aligned curriculum has a management focus, giving you the tools to lead teams in any environment.
Preview just a few of the courses in the online master's degree program in human resource management:
Course Title (3 credits per course)
Human Resource Management Strategy
Human Resource Analytics
Training and Development
Globalization and Diversity
Compensation and Benefits
Negotiating and Consulting
Human Resource Management Capstone
Graduate Certificate Options to Deepen Your Knowledge
Students have the option to choose a graduate certificate in a specific focus area:
- Finance Certificate
- Healthcare Administration Certificate
- Healthcare Analytics Certificate
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Individual and Team Leadership Certificate
- Nonprofit Management Certificate
- Organizational Change Leadership Certificate
- Project Management Certificate
Career Outlook – Step up your career game
Saint Mary's online master's degree program in human resource management can help you take your passion to the next level. As a strategic organizational thinker, you can facilitate greater success within your company by being the link between management and employees. You'll empower colleagues to use their full potential while you pursue your own in one of a myriad of career options:
- Human resource manager
- Compensation and benefits manager
- Labor relations manager
- HR practice leader
- Chief learning officer
- Human resource director
See more detailed information on our MAHRM career outlook page.