This course examines research design for organizational measurement and assessment. Assessment and evaluation tools are examined for hiring, performance management, career development, retention, and termination processes. An emphasis is on creating and implementing a human resource scorecard using predictive analytics.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Analyze how business and industry use measurement systems to enhance an organization’s competitive strategy, including reputation and brand enhancement.
- Distinguish among the following: information, experience, research, data, and evidence, based on research theory, design, and methodology models.
- Evaluate strategies for incorporating human resource metrics and benchmarking into an organization’s measure of business performance.
- Design and demonstrate assessment models for improvement of an organization’s performance, and for accountability and transparency.
- Design and implement balanced, HR, and organizational scorecards for human resource functions within an organization.
Prerequisite: HRM 601 Human Resource Management Strategy