This course examines recruitment, appraisal, development, and talent management strategies critical to a company's success. Concepts related to adult learning are also examined.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Design work processes, job roles/responsibilities, evaluations, and compensation strategies.
- Evaluate recruitment and interviewing strategies.
- Develop successful strategies for performance appraisal and management.
- Identify terms, theories, and components of human resource development (HRD), talent management, and career development, including succession planning.
- Construct a theoretically sound, practically-applied training and development plan for employees within an organization, focusing on the theories related to adult learning.
Prerequisite: HRM 601 Human Resource Management Strategy