This course focuses on integrating human resource management knowledge, skills, and tools developed in previous courses. It emphasizes critical analysis, synthesis, and evaluation of the theories and application of human resource management. The course culminates in a final project. Students are also prepared to begin the certification process for the Senior Professionalism in Human Resources (SPHR) exam.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Examine the business management and strategy of an organization to ensure that human resources supports organization goals through planning, providing the appropriate tools, and incorporating change initiatives.
- Create activities related to workforce planning, from the evaluating and recruitment stages through the exiting process.
- Defend the value of training, development, change, and performance management programs that ensure employees are ready to accomplish company goals.
- Appraise the use of total reward systems and employee relations programs to drive engagement, improving business results.
- Build positive employment relationships through workplace policies and dispute resolution systems.
- Assess company risks related to health, safety, security, legal noncompliance and poor human resources practices.
Prerequisite: Must be taken in student’s final semester