This course is designed to study and apply learning theories that engage diverse adult learners in professional and personal development. The main focus is developing coaching and team building skills, creating a learning organization through the use of adult learning theory, establishing staff development, and comparing androgogy and pedagogy.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Examine and apply strategies for professional development incorporating theories of adult learning.
- Compare and synthesize androgogical and pedagogical instructional approaches.
- Define and identify components of a learning organization to promote effectiveness.
- Determine methods for creating and sustaining a learning organization.
- Demonstrate coaching, mentoring, and team building practices incorporating adult learning theory.
- Demonstrate an integration of demographic and cultural understanding into adult learning situations.