Transformational leaders must be able to manage and lead simultaneously while inspiring, motivating and instilling confidence at all levels. They must be driven by a commitment to forward-thinking practices while rooted in ethics and best practice strategies. Become the transformational leader our future is looking for when you take this course.
In EL 603 Foundations of Educational Leadership, you’ll focus on leadership principles designed to create and sustain educational organizations/programs through the creation and implementation of vision, mission, and reflective practices. Leadership styles coupled with personal, cultural, and ethical awareness are evaluated.
Sample Course Topics
Each week, you’ll focus on a new centralized topic as it relates to the overall objectives of this course. While weekly topics are subject to change based on course and instructor, sample topics may include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of Administrative Theory and Organizational Structure
- Mission & Vision; Transformational and Authentic Leadership
- Path-Goal Theory and Leader-Member Exchange Theory
- Leadership and Culture
- Demographics and Leadership of the Organization
- Curriculum Instruction and Assessment (CIA)
- Leadership and Technology to Improve Learning
- Leadership and Ethics
Your Learning Objectives
Upon completion of EL 603 you will be able to:
- Identify and synthesize educational leadership principles and styles.
- Create a vision and mission to drive educational quality.
- Develop and demonstrate culturally competent leadership skills.
- Evaluate the role of creativity and risk-taking in educational leadership.
- Examine and apply strategic planning models, including data-driven decisions, for educational improvement.
- Integrate ethics into leadership practices.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.