This course focuses on leadership principles designed to create and sustain educational organizations/programs through the creation and implementation of vision, mission, and reflective practices. Leadership styles coupled with personal, cultural, and ethical awareness are evaluated.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify and synthesize educational leadership principles and styles.
- Create a vision and mission to drive educational quality.
- Develop and demonstrate culturally competent leadership skills.
- Evaluate the role of creativity and risk-taking in educational leadership.
- Examine and apply strategic planning models, including data-driven decisions, for educational improvement.
- Integrate ethics into leadership practices.