This course examines management strategies for supporting organizational systems and infrastructure within an educational organization. Management styles and models, technology assisted budgetary decision making, project management, and crises management are addressed.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
- Evaluate management models and styles.
- Articulate one’s personal management style.
- Identify and analyze the interrelatedness of informal and formal internal systems sustaining the vitality of the educational organization.
- Employ technology-assisted budgetary decision making skills and theories that drive organizational improvement.
- Apply project management skills.
- Design an organizational infrastructure to ensure a safe and effective environment.
- Discuss prioritization and action strategies for managing crises.
- Apply ethical principles to management practices.