As a great leader, manager, or transformative visionary you will master proven management techniques used in schools and corporations. Creating results-oriented learning environments where everyone — co-workers, colleagues, employees, staff, faculty, and parents — feel valued, motivated and included will become your first priority and second nature.
In EL 613 Fundamentals of Management, you will examine strategies and management skills for supporting organizational systems and infrastructure within an educational organization. Management styles and models, technology assisted budgetary decision-making, project management and crisis management are addressed.
Sample Course Topics
Each week, you will focus on a new centralized topic as it relates to the overall objectives of this course. While weekly topics are subject to change based on course and instructor, sample topics may include but are not limited to the following:
- Exemplary Leaders
- Visionary Leaders
- Leadership and Change
- Leadership and Guiding Coalitions
- Leadership Styles
- Inspirational Leaders
- Leadership Ethics
- Applied Leadership
Your Learning Objectives
Upon completion of EL 613 you will be able to:
- Identify and interpret various management styles.
- Apply project management skills.
- Understand and interpret internal systems that sustain organizational goals.
- Examine and interpret internal systems sustaining the vitality of the educational organization.
- Engage in reflective practices to better assess institutional and programmatic effectiveness.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.