This course focuses on becoming a culturally-aware leader able to integrate diversity for educational and organizational growth. Students investigate ways to strengthen and advance organizations through effective team building and collaborative skills, and to promote organizational cultural awareness while garnering community involvement and political support.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Develop an awareness of various forms of diversity.
- Analyze the management of building involvement and political support from diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Review and interpret state and federal laws regarding diversity and cultural awareness.
- Engage in critical inquiry and respectful dialogue to engender cultural competency.
- Apply team building skills to create an inclusive learning community of diverse members.
- Evaluate the role and application of professional learning communities.