As a leader you will gain a foundational understanding of both cultural competence and awareness. Through this course, you will develop your skills and learn to empower others to promote effective employee interactions, tools for decision making strategies and proactive policy development.
In EL 670 Multi-Cultural Leaders and Team Building, you’ll focus on becoming a culturally aware leader able to integrate diversity for educational and organizational growth. You will investigate strategies and techniques toward strengthening and advancing organizations through effective team building and collaborative skills. You will also enhance and develop skills inherent in promoting organizational cultural awareness, leveraging diverse community groups, and garnering political support.
Sample Course Topics
Each week, you will focus on a new centralized topic as it relates to the overall objectives of this course. While weekly topics are subject to change based on course and instructor, sample topics may include but are not limited to the following:
- Group Norms and Vision
- Diversity and the Law
- Cultural Competence
- Know Yourself to Know Others
- Professional Learning Communities
- Virtual Team Building
- The Consensus Experience
Your Learning Objectives
Upon completion of EL 670 you will be able to:
- Develop an awareness of various forms of diversity.
- Ensure that state and federal employment opportunity laws are embedded in practice while garnishing political support from internal diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Review and interpret state and federal equal employment opportunity laws regarding diversity and cultural awareness.
- Engage in critical inquiry and respectful dialogue to engender cultural competency.
- Apply team building skills to create an inclusive learning community of diverse members. Evaluate the role and application of professional learning communities.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.