Effective leaders are strong communicators, exceling in both written and verbal communication. This mandatory course will orient you to the M.A. in Educational Leadership program while sharpening the graduate-level writing skills you need to succeed in the program.
You will watch an online orientation presentation outlining the policies, procedures, expectations and other details of the program.
- Frequently asked questions
- Sequence of core classes
- Field experience expectations and procedures
- Portfolio creation
- Action research project overview
- Exit examination meeting
Prior to the first day of class, you will submit a writing sample based on a selection of writing prompts. This two-page response (not including title page) will be based on your philosophies, experiences, and determined mindset as you consider your leadership potential.
Sample Writing Prompts
- Leadership traits may include intelligence, determination, integrity, communication, and sociability. Select up to three of these traits and discuss how you would use these traits toward enhancing your leadership potential.
- Leadership involves influence. Leadership is concerned with how a leader affects followers. How would you cultivate your sphere of leadership influence?
- Simply put, a leader has to have skills in caring for people and empathy. Describe your potential in these areas. Use as many authentic examples as possible.
- As a motivational leader, how would you go about building and sustaining both climate and community?
- As a leader, what steps would you take toward creating conditions for positive change within your school, organization, or other institution?
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.