Excelling in change management means mastering the skills needed to move yourself and your team through an organizational shift. Become a strong, motivational leader as you identify how to work in and engage teams, and what model of leadership you naturally possess and want to build upon.
EL 662 Promoting Change, surveys concepts and strategies related to the creation and implementation of visionary change. Theories surrounding systemic change based on the examination and implementation of internal systems within an educational organization are examined.
Sample Course Topics
Throughout this course, you will focus on centralized topics as they relate to the overall objectives of this course. While topics are subject to change based on course and instructor, sample topics may include but are not limited to the following:
- Working in Teams
- Qualities of a Leader
- Models of Leadership
- Data-Driven Decision Making
- Motivating Teams and Lean In
Your Learning Objectives
Upon completion of EL 662 you will be able to:
- Identify and analyze current research methods for planning and implementing organizational change.
- Evaluate ways to overcome resistance to organizational change.
- Consider reactions to change on an individual and organizational level.
- Examine the role of organizational data and technology-assisted data analysis for strategizing change.
- Analyze examples of successful and unsuccessful organizational change and the strategies employed.
*Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.