This course surveys concepts and strategies related to the creation and implementation of visionary change. Theories surrounding systemic change based on the examination and implementation of internal systems within an educational organization are examined.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify and analyze current research methods for planning and implementing organizational change.
- Evaluate ways to overcome resistance to organizational change.
- Evaluate reactions to change on an individual and organizational level.
- Examine the role of organizational data and technology-assisted data analysis for strategizing change.
- Analyze examples of successful and unsuccessful organizational change and the strategies employed.