This course examines the project management and quality improvement frameworks and processes in the health sector. The frameworks and processes outline key terminology, context, sequencing and life cycles, organizational designs and evaluation, and the roles of stakeholders.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Apply project management tools, quality improvement terms, frameworks, and processes in the context of the health and human services settings.
- Identify project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource requirements, communications, risk, and procurement management process inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs.
- Analyze stakeholder needs and expectations, and unique aspects in the health sector.
- Assess tools and strategies to effectively manage projects within organizations in the health sector to advance quality, cost, satisfaction and value improvement.
- Identify approaches to apply change management, process/performance/quality improvement, and project management to improve the performance within the health sector.
- Develop and integrate creative, adaptive strategies that promote positive change and innovation.