This course provides practical learning experiences within the context of a health system to complement the student’s academic training. The course requires at least 120 hours.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of functions of the facility departments.
- Recommend ethical and culturally responsive solutions to known gaps and challenges within the organization through the framework for the Triple Aim from the Institute of Healthcare Improvement and the American College of Healthcare Executives Code of Ethics.
- Analyze regulatory oversight of the organization.
- Explain the roles of staff, managers, administrators and clinicians within the context of operations, finance, public policy, governance, and community relations related to the scope of services provided within the organization.
- Complete research designed to improve operations and inform decision-making on a current issue.