This practicum course is designed to meet the requirements set out by the Minnesota Board of Executives for Long Term Services and Support (MN BELTSS) and National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB). This course provides practical learning experiences within the context of a nursing facility to complement the student’s academic training and work or volunteer experience in long-term care, general healthcare, and management. Please contact BELTSS1 to determine if this course meets the requirements for you to take the MN Nursing Home Administration licensing exam and NAB2 for national or state-by-state requirements.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of all functions of the nursing facility departments.
- Analyze results of regulatory inspections, write and implement a plan of correction including in-service education.
- Explain the roles of the nursing facility Administrator and the facility relationships in the context of operations, governance, community relations, resident councils and other health care providers operating in the continuum of health care.
- Complete research designed to improve operations and inform decision-making on a current issue.
- Develop competence in “AIT Model Standards Covering the Domains of Practice”
- Domain 10 – Customer Care, Support, and Services
- Domain 20 – Human Resources
- Domain 30 – Finance
- Domain 40 – Environment
- Domain 50 – Management and Leadership
- Develop a clear understanding of what is needed to pass their respective State and NAB tests.
Prerequisite: HS 750 Nursing Home Practicum 1