This course focuses on tools, techniques, and strategies for effective communication in organizational excellence. Presentation, negotiation, and advocacy are examined.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate how communication tools, channels, and techniques affect strategy.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication to manage relationships via technology.
- Demonstrate effective and supportive listening skills in respectful engagement of others' ideas, behaviors, and beliefs.
- Demonstrate the use of narrative and storytelling as a communication strategy.
- Demonstrate successful negotiating skills.
- Match vocabulary and voice to audience needs.
- Argue for and influence an audience on a critical topic.
- Present material in a visually appealing manner.