This course focuses on global, economic, and political issues influencing today's organizations. Contextual factors and trends in world economics and politics are examined.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Analyze the factors influencing the international political economy and the management of organizations.
- Analyze the viewpoints identified in global politics.
- Analyze the influence of organizational beliefs and policies on global economies.
- Synthesize the cultural, economic, political, and social perspectives that impact organizations.
- Evaluate global trends important for effective local management.
- Articulate the challenges unique to organizations that operate globally.