The Value of a Master of Business Administration Degree
Click Here to Read Full Transcript
The Saint Mary's University Online Accelerated MBA program is anything but typical. We have unique emphasis areas for students to choose from. We have special topics courses ranging across a variety of topics. 26 different special topics for students to self-select. They're also self-paced.
My name is Patrick Lafond, and I'm in the MBA program, online program. My father is taking this MBA, online MBA, as well as my sister. My father is 55. He's a financial planner. My sister has a kid and a husband, and works full time as well, and we're all doing it, and able to do it. I think if they can do it with their busy schedules, anybody can do that.
Many MBA programs out there choose to focus on qualitative analysis, or on quantitative analysis, but the Saint Mary's MBA really combines both of those approaches in a way that's unique, and really enhances their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
We have a final project due where we have to talk about how we're going to apply some kind of quantitative decision making, or model to what we currently do, or what I currently do in the business field. I think, wow, I can actually use this.
One of the most important projects that students complete in the MBA program is their capstone project. And so at the end of the program, they're focusing on strategic management skills, which means they're combining and synthesizing everything they've learned in their MBA experience, but they're doing that to solve a real world problem for an actual business.
Project planning, finance-- and so you get to learn a big core of business values that I can then approach an employer with, and I can show them examples that I have.
For professionals out there looking to advance their career, and advance their career quickly, I think the accelerated online MBA program is a perfect match for that. Students can get through the program in its entirety within 16 months, in just four semesters. Students then can have a classroom on the go.
You really have more of an intimate feeling towards your colleagues, towards your professor, that they're there for you if you ever need any help.
That also means that students are connecting with their instructors on a more personal level as well. They get that academic experience, as well as that professional experience.
As an MBA student with Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, you’ll graduate faster and be even more competitive in the workforce. You can complete this program in as little as 18 months, and you will choose from one of four MBA tracks to specialize your skills and boost your value in the job market.
“For professionals out there looking to advance their career, and advance their career quickly, I think the accelerated online MBA program is a perfect match.”
– Patrick Lafond, Saint Mary’s MBA online student
Our MBA program sets you up for success and prepares you for managerial roles in a wide variety of industries. It’s the perfect way to supercharge your career, access more employment opportunities, and make your professional goals a reality.
An Online MBA That’s Anything but Typical
Today’s rapidly changing business world demands new skills, new knowledge, and specialization. Our accelerated online Master of Business Administration program enables you to graduate in 18 months or less—faster than a standard MBA program—or acquire the skills on your terms, at a pace that fits your life.
Our 30-credit online degree offers affordable paths to advanced skills in general business or with specialization in data analytics, social media management and marketing, or sustainability and environmental management. Our instructor-led courses provide a deeper understanding of today’s business issues and help to develop skills you can immediately apply to your career goals.
Why the Accelerated Online MBA is Right for You
The accelerated online MBA program stands apart from other programs with these key features:
- Graduate sooner — in as few as 18 months — than you would during a standard MBA program, and advance your career faster
- Four program tracks, including a general MBA focus and three unique areas of emphasis to fit future job market needs: Data Analytics, Social Media Management and Marketing, and Sustainability and Environmental Management
- Complete the 30 credit hours with 26 lecture series options that enable program customization to fit your individual needs and career goals
- One capstone project course in which you will apply knowledge from your online MBA courses in your choice of a domestic or international business setting
- Prepare for social media strategy certification with curriculum created with the National Institute for Social Media (NISM), then stand out in a competitive job market
Customize Your Curriculum Focus: Choose from Three Areas of Emphasis
With the graduate online business administration degree from Saint Mary’s, you can tailor your MBA to fit your needs. The program offers a general MBA path and three areas of focused study that build specialized expertise coveted by employers, giving you options after graduation. Choose one of the following areas of emphasis and develop these critical business skills:
- Data Analytics: Discover how to harness the power of Big Data. Learn data visualization, analytics strategy, and ethics to master the critical role that data interpretation plays in shaping business strategy and decision making.
- Social Media Management and Marketing: Hone your digital storytelling skills while you learn to manage brands and build engaged connections in the digital age. Explore the importance and growing impact of social marketing ethics while preparing to sit for the NISM Social Media Strategist certification exam. Certification can help graduates increase earnings by up to 20 percent.
- Sustainability and Environmental Management: Study corporate social responsibility, sustainable marketing, and law and ethics in environmental management. Gain all the knowledge you need to conduct eco-friendly business.
You can also opt to follow a general MBA path for expanded study of management topics such as organizational behavior and ethical leadership.
All four program tracks include the opportunity to explore three of 26 special courses that focus on business topics, including:
You can explore more of the courses available in this program by visiting the online MBA curriculum page.
Our accelerated MBA online program also includes a capstone project where you’ll apply what you’ve learned by analyzing and evaluating competitive strategies used by firms. You’ll design a strategic plan to address an organization’s need and give them a competitive advantage.
You’ll also have the option of completing your capstone internationally in one of five cities: Barcelona, Paris, Rome, Florence or Milan. Each international capstone experience includes:
- Coordinated business visits.
- Cultural mentoring on local business practices and cross-cultural communications.
- Hotel accommodations for five nights.
- Two cultural activities/excursions.
- A 6-day public transportation pass (except Florence).
- Support services from SAI Programs.
“This capstone project stirred my curiosity in how I can be a contributor toward international business development. This was a very rewarding experience; I am confident that the knowledge I have acquired from the Saint Mary’s MBA program can guide me anywhere around the world.”
– Josepha Kodjo, Saint Mary’s MBA Student
Learning at Your Fingertips
An online education from Saint Mary’s puts knowledge and opportunity in your hands. Our mobile learning programs give you flexibility that fits your schedule as you build skills and knowledge to develop, explore, and advance your career.
Every student in our online degree programs receives an iPad® so you can take your Saint Mary’s education with you, everywhere you go. Our innovative online program enables you to:
- Access courses and materials in a click, tap, or swipe
- Engage with the curriculum through interactive exercises
- Reinforce learning points using real-world scenarios
- Connect with classmates and faculty for robust discussions*
iPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.*iPad is Wi-Fi enabled only, it does not include a data plan
MBA Program Outcomes
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, those in the financial business field possessing a master’s degree earn on average $32,000 more than those with a bachelor’s degree, but that’s not all you stand to gain after completing this program. Every Saint Mary’s MBA student graduates with an education focused on management and leadership, as well as the ability to:
- Apply quantitative analysis and economic theory
- Communicate effectively across various modes and to a variety of audiences
- Exhibit pragmatic decision-making skills and the ability to apply evidence-based solutions
- Contribute to your organization’s success through a broad knowledge of business
- Make an impact and lead organizational improvement
Are you looking for more details regarding the knowledge and skills you can gain with this program? View our program outcomes for more information.