This course addresses the principles of marketing and the tools and practices used to design and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy. It examines the frameworks and strategies behind making effective marketing decisions that build customer value and drive an organization’s growth. Topics include market research, target marketing, product development and positioning, brand-building, buyer behavior, pricing, distribution, and integrated marketing communications. In addition, the course focuses on achieving competitive advantage within the context of ethics and sustainability.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Describe different types of marketing research and construct a marketing research approach for a brand.
- Formulate a marketing strategy based upon effective segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
- Practice application of different pricing models and distribution strategies.
- Develop integrated marketing communication and other strategies to leverage promotion opportunities.
- Create comprehensive marketing plans in the context of strategic brand planning and product lifecycle management.
- Explain the role of marketing in the context of ethics, mission, and sustainability.