Dr. Morrison has taught economics courses on-campus and online for over 20 years. Morrison received her B.A. in Economics from Colby College. After receiving her undergraduate degree, she worked in economic consulting before pursuing graduate study. Morrison received her Doctorate focusing in resource economics from Yale University where her doctoral work examined the economic impact of climate change on the U.S. energy sector. Additionally, she collaborated with colleagues to develop a broader model of climate impacts on various economic sectors. Morrison and her husband Mark are the proud parents of three daughters, two who are in college and one who is in high school.
- Mansur, E., Mendelsohn, R., & Morrison, W. (2008). Climate Change Adaptation: A Study of Fuel Choice and Consumption in the U.S. Energy Sector. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 55(2), pp. 175-193.
- Mansur, E., Mendelsohn, R., & Morrison, W. (2005). A Discrete-Continuous Choice Model of Climate Change Impacts on Energy. Yale School of Management Working Paper No. ES-43.
- Sturdivant, A., Lacewell, R., Michelsen, A., et al. (2004). Estimated Benefits of International Boundary and Water Commission Rio Grande Flood-Control Projects in the United States. Texas Water Resources Institute No. 275. Prepared for the IBWC. United States Section.
- Morrison, W., & Mendelsohn, R. (1999). The impact of global warming on US energy expenditures. In R. Mendelsohn & J. Neumann (Eds.), The Impact of Climate Change on the United States Economy (pp. 209-236). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Mendelsohn, R., Morrison, W., Schlesinger, M.E. et al. (2000). Country-Specific Market Impacts of Climate Change. Climatic Change 45, pp. 553–569.
- Tietenberg, T., & Naysnerski, W. (1993). Private Enforcement of Federal Environmental Law: Reply. Land Economics, 69(2), pp. 197-198.
- Naysnerski, W., & Tietenberg, T. (1992). Private Enforcement of Federal Environmental Law. Land Economics, 68(1), pp. 28-48. Reprinted in Economics of Environmental Policy, Tom Tietenberg ed., Aldershot, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, (1994): 254-274.
- Tietenberg, T. (1992). Private Enforcement in Innovation in Environmental Policy, Tom Tietenberg ed., Aldershot, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, pp. 109-136.