In this course students examine the changing role of the teacher, student and teacher engagement, and the dispositions required for continual learning and discovery. Students develop creative processes for play, exploration, reflection, and design thinking, especially around how technology transforms learning.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Use reflective practices to advance personal awareness and professional development.
- Evaluate personal experiences and background which have shaped current mindsets.
- Illustrate a personal philosophy regarding the 21st century teacher’s role.
- Create strategies to develop key teaching and learning dispositions, mindsets, and habits.
- Identify critical friends for regular feedback.
- Integrate culturally relevant educational awareness into practices and plans.
- Apply a design thinking process to a learning-through-technology problem.