In this course students examine the social, physical, and psychological conditions to optimize learning and ignite creativity. Students explore ideas and contexts to create and sustain deep learning while exploring theories and practices to bring meaning to learning via collaboration, intention, and the use of technology as a mind tool to enable learning that could not happen in any other way.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the educational psychology theory underpinning developmental appropriateness for learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to use culture as a conduit for learning.
- Define what understanding means for the diverse range of learners and how mindset affects capacity to learn.
- Identify conditions to optimize learning and creative processes.
- Apply synthesized learning theories to classroom practices.
- Evaluate the role of collaboration and relationships in learning and creating processes along with other factors to foster engagement and motivation.