In this course students seek and use global resources and international examples of innovative teaching and learning approaches. Students utilize technologies and electronic resources to broaden their understanding of the global community, contribute to academic idea exchange internationally, and develop global competencies to analyze the opportunity gap and benefit preK-12 learners. Students analyze cultural contexts to discover ideas transferable to student achievement in their own classrooms and schools as they continue to develop an annotated bibliography.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Connect and compare global education teaching and learning approaches to local situations.
- Integrate concepts of global citizenship and interdependence of individuals and systems into the curriculum.
- Analyze solutions for access to education.
- Use social media and interactive technology to engage in national and international dialogue on education.
- Contribute to national and international resources on education.
- Synthesize ideas from a breadth of literature related to networked global communities and cultural contexts to discover ideas transferable to student achievement.