This course overviews the components related to raising and managing nonprofit financial resources, including fund development through grants and alternative funding sources. Cash management, debt management, audit principles and nonprofit accounting are addressed. This course also examines creating and using budgets for planning and decision making, along with transparent processes for internal and external review of budgets.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Connect potential grant sources to projects.
- Identify alternative funding sources.
- Create a basic funding proposal, including a budget.
- Apply fundamentals of nonprofit finance.
- Apply fund allocations and accounting processes to multiyear grants.
- Analyze financial data for decision making and planning.
- Integrate source materials and forecasting tools to create and manage nonprofit budgets.