This course focuses on exploring, analyzing, evaluating and becoming aware of our personal assumptions that frame our actions and thought processes. Critical thinking, design thinking and creative strategies are explored as a process to develop solutions to complex and emerging problems.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Assess personal assumptions, and sources of beliefs and values.
- Describe creativity strategies as an aspect of critical thinking.
- Evaluate the creative thought process.
- Articulate the principles of critical thinking.
- Integrate creative thinking strategies into design thinking.
- Apply the principles of design thinking to a public and nonprofit administration issues.