All MPH requirements; co-requisite MPH682 or MPH683
Students conduct a critical review of a public health issue, usually based on the field experience. Students examine current published research and available data to identify trends, explore underlying factors, analyze data, and make recommendations. Students write a journal article summarizing their findings and present a poster presentation to peers and professionals.
Upon completion of the course students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Pose a public health research question and apply systems thinking to analyze the issue from multiple perspectives.
- Conduct a review of relevant literature.
- Analyze public health data.
- Use a journal article format to write a critical review of a public health issue that includes evidence-based recommendations to identify potential solutions.
- Design and present a poster presentation to peers and professionals.
*CEPH bachelor level competencies