This foundation course examines the project management framework. This framework covers key terminology, project management context and processes. Topics include project management knowledge areas, life cycles and organizational designs.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Apply key project management terms.
- Analyze the environment in which projects operate.
- Describe a generalized view of how the various project management processes commonly interact.
- Identify project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications, risk and procurement management process inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs.
- Identify life cycle phases appropriate to a project.
- Analyze stakeholder needs and expectations.