This course uses data analytic processes and models to identify, translate, test, and communicate financial information. Students learn to identify data quality and reliability and to explore problem solving through statistical data analysis.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Explain why data analytics matters to accountants.
- Apply and translate accounting data.
- Analyze and visualize data sets of an organization.
- Develop and interpret results of KPIs and financial analysis.
- Interpret and evaluate using the IMPACT approach.
- Prepare text mining and sentiment analysis on financial statement data.
- Communicate financial reporting data in a professional and engaging manner.