This course emphasizes cost accounting as a source of data for measuring and improving the economic condition of the business. Topics include strategic planning and control, cost analysis, overhead allocation and financial statement analysis.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Apply advanced managerial accounting concepts and tools to make more informed and effective decisions.
- Assess, interpret and evaluate various issues faced by business organizations.
- Provide a recommendation for strategic management decision-making.
- Create forecast projections.
- Analyze financial statements and recommend a course of action.
- Prepare a strategic plan and annual budget.