This course examines the principles of corporate finance and the tools and practices used in financial decision making. It examines the treasury function of an organization and the decisions made by the treasurer. Topics include long term financing, capital budgeting decisions, beta, debt-equity options, dividend policy analysis, and IPOs.
- Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Use tools and techniques of corporate finance.
- Support treasurer level decision making with financial information.
- Demonstrate the ability to make capital budgeting decisions.
- Create a dividend policy.
- Prepare financial information necessary to take a company public.