This foundation course covers key terminology, project management context, and the project management framework. This framework includes the project management knowledge areas and the project process groups.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Apply key project management terms.
- Analyze the environment in which projects operate.
- Describe a generalized view of how the various project management processes commonly interact.
- Identify project integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholder management process inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs.
- Analyze stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Interpret the role of the project manager.
- Initiate a project by creating a project charter and analyzing stakeholder needs.
- Apply university and workplace citation and documentation carefully to all assignments.