This course provides an introduction to advanced concepts in predictive modeling and techniques to discover patterns in data, identify variables with the most predictive power, and develop predictive models. Students are introduced to descriptive, predictive, prescriptive analytics and optimization models. The course utilizes Microsoft Excel to engineer and analyze business models. Students identify the proper use of and complete regression, optimization, and exponential smoothing models.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Utilize datasets to develop statistics and probability to predict future outcomes.
- Implement appropriate models needed to analyze and critically evaluate business objectives.
- Develop written and oral communication skills required to report on data-intensive business situations.
- Organize data-intensive content in a professional setting.
- Execute advanced analytics techniques.