NOTE: Students will choose either this course OR BIA 662.
This course provides an introduction to the framework for utilizing the R programming language and framework for developing advanced analytical models and statistical studies. The course features R Studio as an interface and application for performing, creating, and scripting. Students practice importing external data to study a business problem and produce a method for communicating an analysis.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Write high quality, maintainable R programs and scripts.
- Use the R Studio software for performing complex numerical analysis tasks.
- Articulate the value of R language for analytical modeling.
- Develop applications that offer a functional, sophisticated interface to the user.
- Demonstrate the concepts and logic of structured computer programming.
*Must take Programming for Data Science BIA 661 or BIA 662