Student learn how to build, assess, and support decision support systems such as data warehouses and data marts for data science. Students build a data warehouse. Project management strategies are discussed.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Articulate fundamental database concepts.
- Explain the value of different types of databases, such as cloud computing versus localized databases.
- Communicate architecture requirements via industry standard diagrams.
- Evaluate relational table design and pitfalls of poor design.
- Implement an operational data store with the fundamentals of structured query language (SQL).
- Articulate appropriate program management strategies.
Prerequisite: BIA 630 Data Analysis and Business Modeling