This course explores the performance management and technology management for the healthcare industry. This includes patient records, billing, operations, and organizations that support the healthcare industry. Students study healthcare informatics, patient portals, ERP systems, and data repositories such as data marts, data warehouses, and cloud computing. Common software used to collect and query data is also explored.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Evaluate different decision support systems used in healthcare.
- Differentiate between the various data requirements needed in healthcare organizations for analytics projects.
- Execute simple SQL queries to pull data needed for an analytics project.
- Create performance management metrics and measurements within the balanced scorecard framework.
- Identify common entry points and technology in which users have access to patient and operational data.