This course covers the collection of data and the use of information as an asset in a healthcare organization. Students learn how to collect and transform data for use in an artificial intelligence project using R-Studio. Students study patterns using machine learning techniques and incorporate business strategy in their analysis.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Assess data quality in patient and operational healthcare data.
- Evaluate standards of excellence in data collection methods for artificial intelligence.
- Build a quality dataset from raw data for use in machine learning models.
- Create data mining predictions with categorical regression and data transformation.
- Implement statistical models to study and improve model accuracy.
Prerequisite: BIA 630 Data Analysis and Business Modeling