This course introduces students to the complex nature of deep learning. Studying supervised and unsupervised models, students explore the benefits that deep learning offers to businesses. Using Python, students build a neural network model using the Keras framework and interpret the results for stakeholders.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Communicate a conceptual understanding of why neural networks are gaining popularity.
- Compare neural networks with other data structures and the situations that neural networks should be used over other structures.
- Visualize and interpret the components of a shallow neural network.
- Construct a basic deep neural network model using Python and the Keras library.
- Explain deep neural network model results for stakeholders.
Prerequisite: BIA 680 Python for Artificial Intelligence