This course is designed to give students a foundation in applied math and statistics. The tools and applications used in graduate business courses and by individuals in managerial positions are covered. Topics include ratio analysis and comparisons, descriptive and inferential statistics, correlation, analysis of variance, and regression. Additionally, concepts in algebra, trigonometry, and pre-calculus as used in the analysis of business problems are covered.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Apply descriptive statistics.
- Organize, interpret, and analyze data to obtain a quantitative basis to make decisions.
- Utilize algebraic functions to evaluate quantitative situations in business.
- Solve business problems through equations and matrices.
- Apply correlations, analysis of variance, and simple linear regression to business situations.