This course focuses on the development of leadership skills used in managing a successful security program. Students analyze the role of a leader in business focusing on decision-making, management of group dynamics, workplace stress and conflict, motivation of employees, and planning. Ethics and social responsibility will be emphasized throughout the course.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Apply and integrate business ethics related to information technology and security.
- Apply analytical principles and skills to make complex strategic decisions.
- Examine the role of the manager as a leader, and understand how one’s own influences and culture shape interpersonal relationships.
- Develop and participate in networking opportunities with cybersecurity professionals in other industries and organizations.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas in which human beings, information objects, and social computing technologies interact.
- Identify and understand the cultural influences that shape behavior and work views.
- Utilize effective motivational techniques to collaborate in complex work teams.
- Define, adhere to, and promote professional ethics and organizational code of ethics.