Dr. Aaron Wampach has been active in the field of technology for over 25 years. In the last 18 years, he has focused primarily on the area of information assurance. He holds several industry certifications: CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, CRISC and CISM. In his spare time he is an active member of the local information assurance community: volunteering his time in the local ISSA chapter; is an ISSA International Distinguished Fellow; a SANS mentor; and teaches various graduate level cybersecurity classes.
His previous experience includes working or consulting for numerous Fortune 500 organizations to small start-up organizations. He has experience in several business verticals ranging from government and transportation to medical device manufacturing and healthcare. He is currently a manager of security engineering and is a security architect for a HealthPartners and is also an adjunct associate professor at Saint Mary’s University.
Awards & Honors
- Distinguished Fellow, ISSA, 2019
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP #118035
- Certified Information Security Manager, CISM #0910834
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control, CRISC #1000207
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler, GCIH Analyst #21811
- GIAC Certified Security, GSEC Analyst #32391
- Wampach, A. (2020). Tell me why? Presentation, UMSA Student360 Conference 2020.
- Wampach, A. (2019). Couch Potato Security. Co-presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2019.
- Wampach, A. (2016). Security Awareness...Much Ado About Nothing. Presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2016.
- Wampach, A. (2016). This Fog is really DeNSE. Presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2016.
- Wampach, A. (2015). Establishing an Information Assurance Curricula Baseline within Existing Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Information Technology Programs. Published Dissertation, Proquest.
- (December 2014). NIST Use Case Health IT – Wireless Medical Infusion Pumps. Subject Matter Expert.
- (2013). MN-ISSA October Afterhours Event. Panelist on Security Training.
- Wampach, A. (2013). Security is so Yesterday. Presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2013.
- Wampach, A. (2012). Reverse Engineer the Flag - Taking Hacking to the Classroom. Presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2012.
- Wampach, A. (2012). Where’s the Beef: Educating an Organization on Risk and Decisions. Presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2012.
- Wampach, A. (2011). Information Assurance: Another Bad Country Song. Presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2011.
- Wampach, A. (2010). HITECH HIPAA: Hindering Collaboration or Protecting Your Privacy. Presentation, UMSA Secure360 Conference 2010.
- Wampach, A. (2009). Healthcare System in the Cloud: A Privacy and Security Primer. Co-presentation, HIMSS Virtual Conference 2009.
- Wampach, A. (2009). Protecting Amateur Radio Systems. Presentation, SARA February Meeting 2009.