This course examines philosophical theories and ethical practices that can be used to resolve organizational dilemmas. The course emphasizes the role of managers to strengthen the ethical culture of the organization. Focus is given to application of ethical principles and models to deal with complex organizational issues. Students develop skills in values-based decision making built upon integrity and accountability.
Upon completion of the course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Identify and assess the extent of ethical issues that face organizations, communities and stakeholder groups.
- Recognize how ethical theories, principles, and models provide options for examining complex ethical issues.
- Analyze how organizational and cultural norms affect the ability of people within it to act ethically.
- Consider value-based decision making to select options that are congruent with business.
- Develop a framework for resolving complex ethical dilemmas.
- Apply ethical theories, models and principles.
- Analyze personal cultural identity, background, and biases and how they may influence interaction with diverse stakeholders.