This course examines project cost and schedule performance management required for proactive financial decision making by the project manager. This course covers key Earned Value Management (EVM) concepts, including measuring actual performance against performance management baselines.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Assess projects’ earned performance management strategies to manage and report project status.
- Interpret and diagram earned value (EV) data to manage cost, and schedule performance of projects.
- Evaluate the breakdown of the project work scope into finite pieces for assignment to team members to enable assessment of accomplishments at the level of work performed.
- Integrate the project work scope, schedule, and cost objectives into a performance measurement baseline plan.
- Explain significant variances appropriate audiences.
- Analyze significant variances from the plan, and forecast impacts to prepare an estimate of completion based on performance to date and work to be performed.
- Assess various approaches to determine how project costs are estimated, budgeted, managed, monitored, and controlled.
- Assess costs for relevant resources needed for completion of projects.
- Assess the impact of integrated change management on project baselines.