This course examines the project management framework through the eyes of the IT professional using case studies and scenario-based learning. Topics include the PMI defined project management knowledge areas, project life cycles, and implementation within varying organizational designs.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to do the following:
- Use project management terminology.
- Shape a project plan to address user needs using a systems approach.
- Document a complete project plan, including a specification, schedule, and budget in an executable form.
- Analyze the interdependencies of a typical multi-project environment and address how to effectively manage those interdependencies.
- Apply common project control methodologies such as earned value systems.
- Conduct project reviews using accepted methods, including CDR and PDR, and produce the associated documentation.
- Conduct the close-out of a project in an IT environment.